FLAVOR & COLOR CHARACTERISTICS
• Malt Style: Black (Patent) Malt
• Flavor: Dry roasted, sharp to neutral
• Color: Dark brown to black
CHARACTERISTICS / APPLICATIONS
• Use in dark beers for flavor.
• In small quantities in all styles for color with little or no flavor.
• Sometimes used with other dark roasted malts to achieve desired color.
• Often used to provide color without overpowering flavor that is characteristic of European-style dark beers.
• May be used with or without Roasted Barley to brew a Stout with more color and less intense Roasted Barley flavor
• May be used with Chocolate Malt to produce a Porter with less pronounced chocolate flavor notes.
• Black Malt is not interchangeable with Roasted Barley.
• Produces dark colored beer with little impact to foam color. Use when dark beer with light head is desired.
• Produced from AMBA/BMBRI recommended 6-Row Malting Barley varieties.
• 1-3% All styles for color with little or no flavor
• 1-10% Porter and Stout